Website White Soul Group
White Soul Group is a leading haulage and automobile sales company with over 4 locations across Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Account Officer
Location: Calabar, Cross River
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking to engage an account officer to join our team.
- The ideal candidate would be responsible for tracking payments,handling our receivables and reconciliation of financial statements.
- Manage theimpress accounts including request for reimbursement, disbursement and recording of transactions;
- Manage all trade payable invoices for payment to vendors on due dates;
- Carry out pre-audits of all vouchers, invoices and financial request to ensure accuracy and appropriateness prior to obtaining final approval, payment and disbursement of cheques.
- Assists with providing support and documentation on internal processes;
- Prepare and participate in budget development and forecast preparation, monitor Depot budgets and review variance between actual and budget and report to the HOF;
- Prepare for and participate in annual statutory audit exercise of the company;
- Set up and maintain fixed assets register, comply with laid down process and procedures and maintain a proper fixed asset register for the entire terminal.
- Prepare and present a daily, weekly and monthly financial reports to the Accounts Lead as may be requested;
- Carry out other assignments as may be required from time to time by Head of Finance.
Academic Qualifications and Experience Required
- First Degree in Accounting or related fields from a reputable university/polytechnic.
- Additional qualification will be added advantage
- At least 2 years’ experience in financial accounting
- High degree of accuracy
- Willingness to work weekends and overtime.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA) Required:
- Good working knowledge and understanding of basic accounting principles; practices, accounts payable and receivable management, financial management and financial reporting;
- Proven working experience as a Head of Finance;
- Experience in preparing accurate and thorough Financial Reports and related schedule in line with established deadlines;
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Effective oral and written communications, interpersonal and planning skills;
- Proficiency in the use of computer applications and Office – Word, Excel, Outlook, Power point and Financial Application; Microsoft
- Good organizational skill and ability to manage documentations and make past and future documentations accessible;
- Strong management skills with a demonstrated ability to take initiative;
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles, processes and procedures necessary to produce deliverables.
To apply for this job please visit jobsinnigeria.careers.