Website Engine Yard
Application Support Engineer
Are you bored of writing and running the same application over and over again? Want to join a team that is deploying, running, and scaling hundreds of applications simultaneously? Keep reading!
Engine Yard is changing how applications are deployed and managed on AWS with our NoOps containerized app platform. Our goal is to let development teams focus on building applications while we handle the deployment and management. So how are we doing that?
- Reducing the time it takes to deploy new apps from days to minutes with a simple GIT push deployment
- Intelligently monitoring application performance, providing robust insights into how the application runs and behaves in production to optimize operations.
- Maintaining 99.9% uptime and 98% customer satisfaction.
Speaking of that impressive uptime – we’re looking for people who want to make sure we continue to hit those goals! You will be solving system and customer-submitted problems. In this essential role, you’ll also help write and test fixes for our platform and update internal runbooks with new knowledge. You will be at the heart of providing exceptional customer services and unparalleled technical excellence. Join us today!
What you will be doing
- Reviewing, prioritizing, and handling system-generated alerts
- Interacting with customers as you collaborate to solve their problems
- Documenting new knowledge and procedures in internal runbooks and playbooks
What you will NOT be doing
- Providing the same solution over and over again. The Engine Yard platform is highly configurable, making each customer’s challenge a unique one!
- Performing non-technical tasks. No daily scrum meetings, stand-ups, or administrative work around here! We want you to spend your time solving the toughest technical solutions, not wading through piles of paperwork.
- Help the customer learn something new with every interaction
- Maintain our 98% customer satisfaction rating by quickly resolving customer issues
- Experience with AWS Cloud services and Cloud technologies
- Knowledge of containerization and container orchestration platforms, such as Docker or Kubernetes
- Ability to write code in common scripting languages
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Able to work during United States business hours (8 am – 8 pm, any US timezone)
To apply for this job please visit www.crossover.com.