Community Manager at Carry1st
Carry1st is the leading publisher of mobile games in Africa. We work with studios across the globe to level up their games and scale in dynamic, frontier markets. In addition, Carry1st has built a proprietary payments engine, Pay1st, and ecommerce platform, the Carry1st Shop, which allows customers to pay for digital content leveraging local payment methods.
As one of our Community Managers, you will be responsible for building a community around the Carry1st Shop, our games, and our Discord community Tribe. You will play an important role in building a community of gamers around Carry1st brands and products through grassroots efforts, events, partnerships, sponsorships, and more.
- Boost engagement for Carry1st products (Shop, games, etc.) through content, partnerships, programming/events, user acquisition, and cross-channel expansion
- Contribute to event marketing efforts, including organizing Carry1st-owned events and project managing involvement in partner events (will likely require travel)
- Build relationships with gamer communities, influencers, startups, and more, to ensure Carry1st is top of mind and included in relevant conversations.
- Collaborate closely with Marketing, Social Media, Influencer, and Creative teams to build cohesive community engagement strategies across all areas of the business
- Work with Games and Platform leadership to support organizational goals through community engagement (i.e. revenue growth in the shop, user acquisition in games, etc.)
- Act as a visible spokesperson and representative of Carry1st in the gaming community
- Promote insights from community interactions and surface critical issues to cross-functional teams
- Develop goals for campaigns, monitor to understand effectiveness of strategy, and make recommendations for continuous improvement
- Monitor industry trends across gaming to develop a vision for future opportunities to ensure Carry1st’s relevance/prominence in gaming culture
What makes you a great candidate?
- A passion for the gaming industry, and for mobile games in particular
- 2+ years of experience in digital marketing, events, community building, or other related field
- Proven ability to grow communities and use them to drive business objectives
- Affinity for connecting with users and building relationships
- Strong creative and editorial skills with a player-first approach
- Based in Nigeria and open to travel
Carry1st is a fast-growing, dynamic place to work. In December 2021, we closed on a large fundraise led by Andreessen Horowitz – with participation from other awesome investors like Google, Riot Games, Konvoy Ventures, Avenir, and Nas! It’s allowed us to scale our team and our ambitions. And while we are laser focused on building the flagship mobile internet company in Africa, our team is fully remote and 100% global – with people in 20+ countries!
At Carry1st, you will…
- Build awesome, industry-changing products, every day
- Grow with a VC-backed startup at the intersection of gaming, fintech, and web3
- Work from anywhere in the world with international teammates
- Own shares in the Company – enabling you to benefit from the value you create
Some additional perks…
- Co-working excursions: Travel to meet your colleagues in cities around the world
- Awesome equipment: Get everything you need to work effectively
- Remote working allowance: Put an additional $600 / year to optimize your WFH experience
- Learning and development: Attend courses, conferences and training events
- Social events: Participate in regular company events to relax and connect with teammates
- Birthday leave: Enjoy a paid day off on your special day
We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. Join us!
Learn more about Carry1st…
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.