Lead Product Designer
We are Pixellu, a software company on a mission to take the work out of running a photography business so photographers can do what they love. We are seeking a world-class Lead Product Designer to head our product design. You’ll be working with the Head of Product, CEO, and CTO to develop a product design vision and execute on that vision with the help of fellow designers, product managers, and engineering. In this role, you will be both a designer on a major product and a leader of other product designers.
This is not a “sit in the office and plan” role. This is a role where you will be with the exec team one day, and in the trenches the next. Expect to roll up your sleeves and be in the weeds, doing the work.
😎 YOUR ROLE
Pixellu currently has three main products – SmartAlbums, SmartSlides, and Galleries. You would be the designer responsible for one of these products, while leading the other two designers.
Your job will be to:
- Research: Conduct user research and testing.
- Plan: Help shape the product vision, strategy, and prioritization.
- Prototype: Define the user experience, interactions, and user interface through user flows, information architecture, sketches and wireframes, and visual design. Build functional prototypes to validate and test your designs.
- Interaction design: Design simple, streamlined, data-driven, user-centric experiences that delight users.
- Lead: Lead our small team of product designers. Set standards, inspire, motivate, manage, and execute.
Aside from the standard job description, here is what we most value in a candidate:
- Obsession with simplicity and intuitive interactions
- Mastery and appreciation of color, space, typography, iconography, illustration, and UX laws
- Thorough knowledge of the latest trends in UX/UI
- People & communication skills
- Data-driven decision making
- 4+ years of experience in designing, shipping, and maintaining products
To apply for this job please visit weworkremotely.com.
Lead Product Designer at Pixellu