Website Crossover for Work
Linux System Engineer, Trilogy
About the job
Crossover is the world’s #1 source of full-time remote jobs. Our clients offer top-tier pay for top-tier talent. We’re recruiting this role for our client, Trilogy. Have you got what it takes?
Are you a Site Reliability or CloudOps Pro who revels in playing detective and solving intricate infrastructure issues? Do you dread doing endless bug and code fixes to upkeep an outdated product? Would you like to up your game by maintaining mission-critical infrastructure for a massive SaaS enterprise?
At Trilogy, we push the cloud infrastructure limits with a portfolio of 100+ centrally-managed SaaS products. We are constantly adding new products to our platform, and we need a team of superstars who can permanently fix issues at their core to ensure maximum uptime.
Forget about addressing customer tickets or repetitive runbook execution. This role is about applying your troubleshooting skills to diagnosing system outages and relentlessly improving the infrastructure to prevent them from happening again. Unbounded by a single platform or tech stack, you will broaden your skill set across multiple technologies and applications.
If you dream of being a SaaS hero who saves the day, apply now!
What You Will Be Doing
- Troubleshooting. Based on reported outages or degradations, you will diagnose and propose a permanent fix for the issue.
- System improvements. You will implement change requests that simplify, automate, and improve the platform.
What You Won’t Be Doing
- Coding. This role is about diagnosing outages and proposing solutions, not fixing code.
- Dealing with customers. You will not address user-specific requests or conduct customer-facing issue resolution
- Writing documentation. The creation of technical documentation or runbooks is not in scope for this role.
Linux System Engineer Key Responsibilities
Maintain and improve a centrally-managed cloud infrastructure, with 24×7 incident coverage and excellent uptime/service levels.
- Experience maintaining production systems on AWS infrastructure, VMWare, and MS Azure, and interacting with Amazon APIs
- 3+ years of experience maintaining large-scale SaaS cloud applications and cloud orchestration tools (Docker/Kubernetes)
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in Windows/Linux Administration and troubleshooting
- Ability to write shell scripts in any language (e.g., PHP, bash, SQL)
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.