UX Design Lead
Do you have an extensive background and strong opinions in designing web and mobile applications? Have you led a design team? Do you have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to make independent decisions and implement creative decisions based on user research and customer feedback? If you are passionate about enterprise application design and creating an awesome user experience, this role is a perfect fit for you!
In this role, you will probably learn and grow 10X faster than in most other positions in the industry as, instead of being siloed and working on a single product for years, you will be delivering designs across a large number of products and industries, working directly with important stakeholders.
The core activities of this role are:
- Reviewing work done by your team. You will start your day reviewing the work of other team members and ensuring that they are following common UX best practices and 3rd party design system guidelines before their work reaches our customers. While doing your daily reviews, you’ll also be responsible for finding patterns in subpar work and proposing quality bar improvements.
- Working on the most important or challenging design tasks. You’ll start by reviewing Use Case requests and communicating with the business owner if something is not clear until you fully understand requirements. After that, you’ll start with a first iteration where you need to prepare a User Flow diagram and low-fidelity designs (wireframes). After finishing all the wireframes you’ll present them to the stakeholder the next day, get the initial feedback and iterate towards the final design.
- Hosting daily review calls with stakeholders. During these daily iterations, you will gather feedback from stakeholders, get a chance to fail fast and early in the process, which will allow you to fix any issues before the next day’s iteration, instead of waiting for several weeks. Once UX design is approved, you’ll need to polish it for development and apply our UI library components to the design making it a high-fidelity so that it can be transferred to our development team. All the time, you will need to pay close attention to our standards and guidelines in order to produce perfect quality designs.
- Review designs done by more junior UX/UI designers on the team
- Propose improvements to our quality bars and our standardized processes
- Iterate daily by communicating daily with senior stakeholders on new product ideas
- Work with design systems to produce apps with an outstanding user-experience
- Create compelling visual content and high fidelity clickable prototypes
- Minimum 1 year experience in leading a UX/UI design team
- Minimum 3 years experience in hands-on UX and UI design
- Proven record of high-quality web design and a portfolio to back that up
- Able to work on a macOS in order to use Sketch and InVision
- Innate drive to create pixel perfect assets and designs
- Ability to take initiative within the remote environment
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced iterative/agile design process based on daily feedback loops
- Great English verbal communication skills
Nice to have
- Experience using a 3rd-party Design System such as Google Material, IBM Carbon or similar
- Experience with graphic illustration using vector-based tools (such as Illustrator)
- Experience with data-driven design
- Experience with responsive and adaptive design principles and UI/UX best practices
To apply for this job please visit www.crossover.com.